This Quarantine has taught me a great deal about minimal usage and recycling. As you might have seen in my blog before, I like creating stuff using recyclable materials. This is one such project which is mostly done by the kids and they loved it a great deal. The result is just absolutely beautiful. We created these Butterflies using a cereal box and aluminium foil.
Using markers on aluminium foil creates a wonderful effect. After creating the butterflies, you can even build a mobile like we did in our rain mobile and hang them where the sunlight hits. You and your kid will no doubt be happy and proud every time you look at it! 😉
- Cereal box/Thin cardboard box
- Aluminium foil
- Craft knife
- Draw the outline of a butterfly on the back of a cereal box and cut them out using scissors or a craft knife.
- Now using the cut-out butterfly as a template, draw two butterfly outlines on the aluminium foil.
- Carefully cut out the butterflies from the aluminium foil.
- Glue them on either side of the cardboard butterfly.
- It’s time to fuel your and your kid’s imagination! Draw some butterfly designs using a black marker.
- Let your kids decide on the colors and have fun coloring their glittery butterflies using markers 🙂