Popsicle with Avocado, Seriously?!! Yep, seriously 😀 I was skeptical as well. But it turned out as a delicious treat that we can eat with a less guilt 😛 Some people like to eat avocados just plain while others eat them only with some modifications (I am not telling you who :-D) So, I try to find ways to include avocados in our diet one way or the other. This is what I came across. You wouldn’t believe it until you taste it! Trust me you will not regret! It got a double thumbs-up from the kids and an avid avocado-hater at home 😀
Avocados are considered a super food and have gained much popularity in the recent times. It contains 20 different kinds of vitamins and minerals. Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy mono saturated fatty acids and has more magnesium than bananas. It can also lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Let’s see how to make this healthy treat..
|Makes : 16 popsicles||Prep time: 15 mins Freeze time: 6 hours|
|Avocados||2 (1.5 cups pulp)|
|Coconut milk||1 14oz can (about 2 cups)|
|Chocolate chips||1/2 cup|
|Raw Sugar||3 tbsp|
|Chocolate chips(For melting)||3/4 cup|
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
- I used 1 one big avocado and 1 small. You would need about 1.5 cups of pulp. Discard the seed and scoop out the pulp.
- Now, add the avocado pulp, coconut milk, honey, sugar and cardamom in a blender and blend until everything comes together. You can use all honey or all sugar as well. Do a taste test before adding more.
- Add the 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the puree and mix well.
- Now, pour them in to the molds until they are almost full.
- Cover the moulds and freeze them for at least 6 hours.
- For the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a pan using double-boiler method. (Boil water in a bowl and place a pan with chocolate on top of the simmering water. The pan should fit snugly over the water pot. The chocolate will melt in a few minutes).
- Transfer the melted chocolate in to a smaller bowl. Now, take out the popsicles from the mold by running them under cold water for a minute. Dip the popsicles in the chocolate and let them rest on a parchment paper.
- It will harden within 2 minutes. You can serve them immediately. I dipped all the popsicles in chocolate and wrapped them individually in a plastic wrap, put them in a box and popped it in the freezer. No body can eat 16 popsicles in one go even though it’s delicious 😀 Unless you are having some kind of party, I recommend you do the same.
- Now go on, help yourselves with one!! I know how curious you are to find out how it tastes 😀 You won’t be disappointed!!