So, what’s for breakfast tomorrow? An universal question that keeps all the women awake at night! ‘Something quick and easy’ is the number one criteria 😀 This is one such breakfast item that can be whipped up in 5 mins and be set on the plate in less than 10 mins. As much as I love bread and jam, I don’t want to eat it every time I had to make something with bread. I go alternatively between sweet and spicy with bread. It’s spicy turn today 😉
This Besan toast here is not only super easy and quick but also delicious and healthy. It tastes almost like a Bread baji because of the Besan but like a healthier version 😉
|Servings : 3||Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 10 mins|
|Besan flour||1 cup|
|Rice flour||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Capsicum/Bell peppers||1/4 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|Water||1/2 cup (approx)|
- In a mixing bowl, add besan, rice flour, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt. Mix them well and keep it aside.
- Chop the onions, bell peppers,ginger, tomato and coriander leaves very finely.
- Add water to the besan mixture and make the batter. Now add the chopped veggies to the batter and mix well.
- Cut the bread slices in half diagonally to make triangular shape. This is optional. You can also use the bread slices as it is.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Dip one bread slice in the batter and coat them well on both sides using your hands.
- Place it on the pan and cook evenly on both sides by flipping over once or twice.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the bread slices.
- Serve hot with ketch up and Coffee!! 😀