Bruschetta is an Italian dish which is served as an appetizer. I love Italian food 😀 who doesn’t, right?! Though Italian recipes use very minimal ingredients, the flavors are in-depth and we can’t get enough of it!
This Bruschetta recipe is super simple and could be made in a matter of minutes. If your taste buds are in need of something Italian, this would be the faster and a delightful option:-) Traditionally, it’s made with any type of Baguette bread. If you can’t find one, go ahead with a regular bread. But make sure it gets toasted crisp and proceed with the recipe. Also, basil is an important ingredient. Since I didn’t have any, I used chopped coriander instead. It was still delicious!! Now, Let’s get into the recipe..
|Servings : 3-4||Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 5 mins|
|French Baguette Bread||1 loaf|
|Heirloom tomatoes(Chopped)||1.5 cups|
|Garlic cloves(finely minced)||2 tsp|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Dried Oregano leaves||1 tsp|
|Olive oil for bread||1/4 cup|
|Red chili flakes(Optional)||1 tsp|
- Wash and chop the tomatoes. Mince the garlic and finely chop the basil leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, dried oregano, balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Mix them well and keep it aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, we will get the bread ready. Cut the baguette at an angle breadth-wise with 1-inch thickness.
- Brush the bread slices generously with olive oil. In traditional bruschetta, a garlic clove is cut and rubbed on top of the bread to infuse just a hint of garlic flavor. But I have decided to add the minced garlic directly. I love garlic 😀
- Now, you can toast the bread in the oven, in a grill or in a heavy bottomed pan. If you are using oven, toast them at 400F for 10 mins flipping to the other side in-between. I toasted it on my cast-iron pan. The pan should be really hot before you begin toasting.
- Toast them for a minute or two until you get brown spots on the bread. Don’t burn them.
- Now, arrange a tsp of the tomato-basil mixture on top of the toasted bread. Repeat the same with all the remaining bread slices.
- Your Italian Bruschetta is ready to serve!! Serve immediately. Don’t let it sit for a long time as the bread will become soggy.