My house was buzzing with friends and relatives visiting us for the last two to three weeks. So I had to take a short break from blogging and am back now with this scrumptious Methi mushroom gravy! I usually add methi leaves in rotis and make methi rotis. This time I wanted to make something that is exclusively has the flavor of methi.
I didn’t have a lot of fresh fenugreek leaves, so I had substituted it with Dried fenugreek leaves/Kasturi methi. You can use either fresh methi leaves or the dried one in this recipe depending on the availability. It tastes good with both. I have used Baby bella mushrooms in this recipe
|Servings : 4||Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins|
|Fresh methi leaves/Kasturi methi||1 cup/3 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|Heavy cream (Optional)||1 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves for garnishing||1 tbsp|
- Wash and chop the mushrooms lengthwise.
- Marinate the chopped mushrooms with yogurt, salt and turmeric powder. Make sure to coat the mushroom pieces evenly with the yogurt.
- Heat oil/butter in a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the garam masala items- cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamon.
- Let them sizzle.
- Now add the finely chopped onions along with the slit green chillies.
- Fry until the onions turn brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes. Cover and cook until the tomatoes turn mushy. You can also use tomato puree instead.
- Now add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Toss the marinated mushroom pieces in the gravy.
- If using fresh methi leaves, wash and roughly chop them before adding it to the gravy. If using, kasturi methi, crush them with your hands and add them in the mushroom masala.
- Stir everything together and add required amount of water. Add salt.
- Cook until the mushrooms are done and the gravy is thickened.
- Add some cream on top to make it more rich. Switch it off!
- Serve hot with rotis, rice or pulavs 🙂