Bread always comes in handy when we want to cook something for breakfast. And, it’s always a hit with the kids 🙂 But I want to try different things with bread that aren’t too complicated. This is one such easy recipe with bread that tastes great too!
|Servings : 3-4||Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins|
|Chaat masala powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Black pepper powder||1 tsp|
|Capsicum/Bell peppers||1/4 cup|
|Baby spinach||1/4 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1 tbsp|
|Shredded Mozzarella/Parmesan cheese||1/2 cup|
- Finely chop the onions, bell peppers, green chillies and coriander leaves.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with salt, turmeric powder, black pepper powder and chaat masala powder.
- Heat a pan, drizzle oil/butter and pour 1/4 th of the egg mixture. Let it cook for a minute and flip over.
- When the omlette is cooked through, place a slice of bread on the pan and place the omelette on top. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the omelette.
- Place another bread slice on top and toast the bread slices. Alternatively, you can also place this in a sandwich maker and make the sandwich.
- Slice the sandwich in half and serve hot with a ketch-up!
– You can also slather green chutney/mint coriander chutney on the slice of the bread before toasting for extra flavor.
– This sandwich is very heavy. Even though the slices are less, it can easily be enough for 3-4 people.