Ragi Adai is an usual at our home. My mom makes them at least once a week. Ragi is very rich in calcium and iron. This Ragi adai is super easy to make and very delicious too!
|Servings : 4||Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins|
|Ragi flour||2.5 cups|
|Drumstick leaves (Optional)||1/4 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
|Water||1.5 cups (approx)|
|Oil (For drizzling)||1 tbsp|
- In a mixing bowl, combine Ragi flour, salt and asofetida.
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Adding drumstick leaves is optional. If you have them on hand, do add them for a more healthier Adai.
- Mix the chopped veggies to the ragi flour.
- Now, add water little by little until you get a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 mins.
- Make 6 balls from the dough. Don’t make the balls too small as it is difficult to spread them on the pan.
- Heat a pan, spread a little bit of oil. Then flatten the ragi dough balls as thinly as possible on the pan using your hands.
- Let the Ragi adai cook in a medium/medium-low flame. After 2-3 mins, you can see the dough getting cooked and changing color. Drizzle some oil.
- Turn the adai over and cook for another 2-3 mins. You can also cover and cook them.
- Serve them hot with chutney of your choice! Our favorite is to have it with Peanut chutney! 🙂